Friday, March 31, 2017

Final countdown

March was very eventful in terms of academics. We had our cumulative shelf exam in med pharm. Dr. Clarkson pulled questions from the NBME that covered drugs and concepts we learned throughout the year. I actually really enjoyed studying for the shelf because it made me appreciate just how much information we learned over the past year. It's crazy to me that med pharm is actually over. We also took our final principles exam this month. So basically, the only classes we're still taking are Advances in Pharmacology, Endocrine Pharmacology, Advances in Cardiobiology, and Environmental Pharmacology. I only have two presentations and one exam left and then it's over.

Because of the shelf exam, I wasn't able to complete any service hours this month. However, I have spoken to Second Harvest Food Bank and have set up a few days next month to go in and help wherever needed.

Research is going really well also. Mythili (my lab partner) and I had a meeting with Dr. Mondal and discussed which direction we should take our experiments. We were also moved to a new lab, so we spent a day cleaning and restocking it. I can't wait to begin our experiments in the new lab in the next week.

The year truly did fly by and I couldn't have asked for anything more out of this program. I not only learned a lot about pharmacology, but I also learned a lot about myself, and made some great friends along the way.

Tota completed hours: 18 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment